At PioneerEpaper.com, we are committed to delivering accurate and reliable information to our readers. We understand the importance of fact-checking and maintaining the trust of our audience. Here are the key principles and procedures that guide our fact-checking process:
1. Commitment to Accuracy: a) PioneerEpaper.com is dedicated to publishing accurate information in all of our content. We approach every story with skepticism, question assumptions, and challenge conventional wisdom to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
b) Our commitment to accuracy is fundamental to our reputation and the trust of our audience. We aim to provide information that is not only accurate but also relevant and appropriate for the content in question. We are transparent about any limitations that may affect the accuracy of our reporting.
2. Sourcing and Evidence: c) All our content is well-sourced and based on available evidence. We corroborate information from multiple credible sources to ensure accuracy.
d) We do not engage in deliberate plagiarism or distort facts or context, including visual information.
3. Independent Verification: e) We seek independent verification from sources to confirm claims, information, and allegations, especially those made by public officials or individuals with agendas beyond truthful reporting. Claims and allegations that cannot be corroborate are normally attributed as such.
4. Accountability and Corrections: f) PioneerEpaper.com takes responsibility for the information we publish. If we discover an error, we are committed to correcting it promptly and transparently.
g) We do not knowingly mislead our audience or present invented material as facts. We acknowledge and correct serious factual errors in a clear and timely manner.
5. Reader Engagement: h) We encourage our readers to actively participate in maintaining our commitment to accuracy. Readers who spot errors or inaccuracies are encouraged to contact our Editor-in-Chief, Emilee Wentland, directly through email at pioneerepaper.com[at]gmail.com, with the subject line “Correction Needed.”
Correction Policies: When errors are identified, both readers and PioneerEpaper.com have roles to play in ensuring accuracy and transparency:
- Readers who identify errors should contact the Editor-in-Chief, Emilee Wentland, directly via email, phone, mail, or in person.
- Email: pioneerepaper.com[at]gmail.com
- Subject: Correction Needed
- Corrections should include the error, the issue date or number, where the error was spotted (print, online, etc.), the reader’s contact information, and the correct information along with its source, if applicable.
- The Editor-in-Chief will investigate the error using the information provided by the reader, meeting minutes, reporter’s recordings, and other available sources.
- If an error is confirmed, corrections will be issued in all forms in which the incorrect information was disseminated:
- In print, corrections will be published on page 2A in the next issue.
- Online, the article will be corrected, and an editor’s note will be added to indicate the correction.
- On social media platforms, a post will be made linking to the corrected article, noting the correction.
- The Editor-in-Chief will then contact the reader who submitted the correction to inform them of the actions taken to rectify the error.
We believe that this commitment to accuracy, transparency, and reader engagement ensures that PioneerEpaper.com delivers reliable information and maintains the trust of our audience.